Koho is currently seeking a full-time Product Owner (PO) with a strong technical domain. As the bridge between product and engineering, this person will be responsible for writing out detailed business and technical requirements and prioritizing the team backlog. As such, the PO must be able to give direction to development and QA team members so that they understand how each of their individual contributions aligns with the product roadmap and overall company vision.
This position reports to our Engineering Development Manager.
· Own, define, and execute product roadmap and vision
· Own and prioritize the product backlog
· Translate product roadmap initiatives into well-articulated epics/stories to maximize value in each product release
· Collaborate with the Product Manager to effectively prioritize and execute epics, user stories, product requirements, user acceptance criteria, and releases; communicate technical challenges to stakeholders and make educated trade-off decisions based on those challenges
· Assist in the QA process by identifying key use cases and defining the priority of any identified issues
· Facilitate weekly Estimation meetings and conduct functional demos with customers and internal stakeholders as required· Facilitate internal Product Monthly Feedback
· Participate in daily standups, weekly planning meetings, team demos, and retrospectives with an eye toward continuous improvement
· Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate whether outcomes were met or whether future investment is needed
· Help maintain product documentation and continuously keep it up to date
· 3-4+ years of hands-on experience as a Product Owner, Product Manager, or similar role experience
· Experience writing out detailed business and technical requirements, and prioritizing a product backlog
· Experience and proficiency with software development lifecycle and software development methodologies, specifically with Agile backlog and project management tools (Jira)
· Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems across the digital ecosystem
· Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide spectrum of people including senior leaders, customers, and external stakeholders
· Effective at navigating ambiguity and helping diverse teams drive toward clarity and consensus
· Experience managing multiple and competing priorities
Not required, but definitely a plus:
· Experience working in freight forwarding or other transportation industry roles
· Certification in leading SAFe and SAFe PM/PO
· Experience creating and utilizing SQL queries or data analysis tools and reporting systems
· Familiarity with Usability Design· Experience with Figma
This position is on-site at our Downtown Portland office.
Koho, an Expeditors company, is a global logistics company with 350+ locations in more than 100 countries. Operating under Expeditors' Digital Solutions division, Koho is a digital freight management platform designed to move LTL freight more easily, allowing shippers to quote, book, track, and manage shipments all in one platform.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
· Benefits: Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time, Work from Home Time
· Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
· Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Successful candidates must pass a background check.
Key words: Logistics, Global Supply Chain, LTL Shipping, Software Product, Product Management, Product Owner, Product Manager
Koho is uniquely positioned to help push the modernization and technological advancement the shipping industry needs. While there are similar online shipping platforms out there, Koho works to move the industry forward by educating new shippers, empowering industry veterans, and engaging logistics professionals on a better way to ship. We believe, as we did when we started Koho, that offering the most effective technology, personalized service, open transparency, and genuine advocacy is the best way to empower our customers and achieve success in the LTL freight business.