We're looking for a full-time QA Engineer to join the Koho team at Expeditors. We're a small, tight-knit startup team with the backing of a fortune 500 company. The QA Engineer will work closely with all members of the development team in a lean/agile environment. A successful candidate will be hard working, eager to learn, have an interest in web-based technology, and most importantly a passion for quality.
We promote an open and friendly team culture that values work-life balance. We have a well-appointed office in downtown Portland, Oregon close to public transportation and great lunch spots.
This position is full-time and on-site in Portland, OR.
• Provide QA analysis and feedback during the planning of new features
• Manually test features during development
• Perform manual regression testing prior to releases
• Create and maintain test documentation
• Document defects in a tracking system (Jira)
• Participate in team ceremonies (standup, grooming, retro, etc.)
• Own and prioritize the backlog in alignment with the product vision and roadmap
• Minimum 2 years of software testing experience
• Experience using bug tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
• Experience using test case management systems (TestRail, X-Ray, Qase etc.)
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Foundational understanding of modern web app architecture
• Familiarity with basic software development tools and methods (Git, CLI, etc.)
• Ability to prioritize own work, multi-task, and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and learn new systems quickly
• Ability to work closely with team members to both accept and provide constructive criticism
• Ability to take ownership of and advocate for the quality of the product and user experience
• Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming (Ruby in particular)
• Familiarity with Unit testing frameworks (Rspec in particular)
• Familiarity with Selenium based automation frameworks (e.g. Capybara, Watir, Jest)
• Familiarity with CI/CD tools (e.g. CircleCI, Jenkins)
• Familiarity with API Development Tools (e.g. Postman)
Expeditors offers excellent pay and benefits including:
• Benefits: Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time, Work from Home Time
• Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
• Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Successful candidates must pass a background check.
Koho is uniquely positioned to help push the modernization and technological advancement the shipping industry needs. While there are similar online shipping platforms out there, Koho works to move the industry forward by educating new shippers, empowering industry veterans, and engaging logistics professionals on a better way to ship. We believe, as we did when we started Koho, that offering the most effective technology, personalized service, open transparency, and genuine advocacy is the best way to empower our customers and achieve success in the LTL freight business.